Wednesday, December 3, 2008

One Week Later...

It is a little hard to believe it’s been over a week since I last posted anything here… and yet, at the same time, it seems like it was ages ago. Between the holiday, the time off, and all the activities, it’s hard for me to decide whether time is flying by, or dragging. A little of both, I think.

Over the weekend I bugged Dee a bit about NOT POSTING HERE – on her own blog! – and by way of explanation she told me she is hesitant to post because she knows I’m reading it. I’m not sure I understand that… on the surface, her position has some sense to it, but mostly I don’t understand the logic.

Dee did suggest that this is mostly avoidance… that when she posts things I either misread or misinterpret them, or she misstates something in a way that leads to argument or moments of conflict between us. I can see how this might be troubling (we’ve had numerous behind-the-scenes discussions, some of them mildly heated, in the past year, but not one real out-and-out fight), but that doesn’t address the fact that those discussions have also been good for us in the long term. Plus, more than a few of them have led to some really good after-the-exchange sex.

The point being, we’re supposed to be communicating honestly here, and following a policy of being upfront and open with each other. If there are things she doesn’t want me to read, that would suggest that there must be something she doesn’t want me to know, doesn’t wish to share with me – well, then she’s not really adhering to that policy. So I maintain she ought to keep posting!

As I mentioned in my last post, after the New Year’s Eve bash we’re slated to attend, I plan to refocus some of my efforts, and part of that is going to be bugging Dee a little more to fulfill her own obligations, if for no other reason than simply because it’s more fun to sit here at work and read HER blog entries… not my own!

At the moment, I’m really in no position to criticize, though… I had planned on taking more pictures this long holiday weekend (and maybe coax Dee into posting a few!), and that plan never came to fruition. I also planned to back-read a couple of Dee’s favorite blogs, and get more involved in that aspect of online fun, but haven’t gotten around to that, either. Some other things on my list include doing something with Facebook or Myspace or some such entity, finding some fun websites I can share with Dee, and posting a few ads around searching for a fun companion or two, just to see where it might lead. So far… well… I’ve made the list, but not much else.

All I’ve been focusing all my time and effort on is completing my “Christmas Gift” for Dee. With a bit less than a month left to go, I’ve started to worry about actually getting the whole thing done. I only have a few questions left to address, but the trouble is, I’ve procrastinated and left the longest, most complicated, and most detailed questions for last. Luckily, I have a number of vacation days remaining, and I’ll be able to take a few days off and hunker down at home, alone, undisturbed, and focus all my attention on getting these last ones done!

2 comments:

Helen said...

Something that doesn't feel like an argument to you might feel like one to her, and she's entitled to that feeling.

Even if you're not writing about something so profoundly personal, it can be very inhibiting to know people are watching/reading. Especially if you've had that blissful feeling of "nobody is looking" and being able to say and do exactly as you like without worrying about hurting anyone's feelings or even having to talk to anyone about it, it is a very big deal, creatively.

I find it difficult to blog, too, during times of transition, because in a transitional period, it's hard to know what's "okay" to write -- what I can say that won't threaten my relationship with anyone, or won't feel stressful (this is supposed to be fun, remember?).

If you think she (and you) can write ANYTHING you want, I'd encourage you to think about it a bit more -- because you really can't, not without penalties, and not without hurting each other's feelings.

Having a good understanding of what's NOT okay for each of you to say online, and what's NOT okay for each of you to try and prohibit each other from saying online, even in a passive way (like complaining) could do wonders for your blog (not to mention everything else!)

Good luck and good blogging :)

Anonymous said...

I always love reading your blogs interesting subject I will be interested to see if Dee meets her end of the bargain