Friday, May 1, 2009

Just Some Stuff

1. Dee is leaving me alone for the weekend. Between the yard work, errands, and daughter related obligations, I won’t have a lot of time to devote to the enterprise, but I may try to knock one thing off Dee’s list of suggestions

2. After a busy streak, and paying no attention at all to my Google Reader for a while now, yesterday I found myself with a little time to get caught up on some of them, at least. In all honesty, I skimmed over some of them, marked everything as “read,” and started over with skimming over all of the new stuff posted today. Sometimes these things happen.

3. Along the way I discovered one blog (Views from the Back Row) somehow never made it into my Reader, and thus I haven’t been following at all. Now it’s in there. And through that, I saw for the first time today the “Friday Fill-in.” Seems odd that I haven’t seen that before, but oh well. I may try doing that next Friday.

4. I hope I’m doing these links right. I’m making it up as I go here.

5. My creativity and sexual energy have got to be nearing all-time lows here (and they’ve never been all that high to begin with). I have no idea why, but I wish I had some clue how to snap out of it. I’ve been feeling especially lame when it comes to my other blog. If it weren’t for Dee’s requested lists, I can honestly say I wouldn’t have posted there in at least a couple weeks now.

6. Maybe I’ll hang out a shingle here… any suggestions for further lists are welcome.

7. I’ve been thinking about something Hubman said to Dee and I (can’t remember if it was in a comment or an email) – that single women looking for a couple are rare. I’m not sure I agree with that. I don’t think they’re that unique at all… they just can’t be found by specifically seeking them out. You could split hairs here and say that, yes, single women LOOKING for couples are rare, but I think single women OPEN to the idea far less rare. You just have to already know them. I can recall a fair number of women I once worked with which I now recognize – in hindsight – would be (or, would have been, at the time) open to the idea if I’d either had half a clue, been in the position I now find myself in, or now had an equivalent “relationship” (meaning I was still working with them, flirting with them, etc.) with similar women. The trouble is, I woke up one day in my mid-thirties and suddenly found myself in the market, but I no longer know anyone like that… and don’t have many avenues to establish new connections in that vein. THAT’S how it becomes damn near impossible to find someone!

8. Of course, I could be wrong about that. It’s just a theory I’m pondering.

1 comment:

Hubman said...

My comment to Dee was in the context of actually finding that woman and getting her into bed with us.

It's one thing for a woman, single or not, to want to join a couple for sex. It's another for her to act on it.

Every woman, and there have been 4 of them, who has joined us has been married. Whether or not her husband knew and/or consented varied.

We'd like to think that we're a reasonably desirable couple, yet we're batting .000 finding a single woman who wants to join us.