Monday, January 12, 2009

Impediments

Dee had a sore lip that made kissing painful. I have a bum knee that's acting up. Dee spent the weekend on a girl’s get-together, and I was home with the kiddo.

Worst of all, Dee tweaked her back last week, and has been in a good bit of pain ever since – the description she gave me was “it’s fine… as long as I don’t move.” I’ve been trying to get Dee to find a comfortable position on the sofa and stay there – giving her back a chance to rest and recuperate, but that hasn’t gone very well.

A friend of mine said I should strap her down and MAKE her stay in one place, but what he doesn’t know is that would just turn Dee on.

Obviously, sex wasn’t on my list of priorities over the weekend.

Having said that, I’m very thankful for what I have. We have friends (both men and women… some of whom are married to each other!) who complain constantly about their spouse’s failure to help out around the house. We have friends who would happily use a sprained pinkie, or invent a headache (in stereotypical fashion), as excuses to avoid having to “put up with” having sex with their partner.

Dee, on the other hand, got up off the couch last night (over my repeated protests), and refused to let me handle the dishwashing and laundry folding. She cleaned the stove, too (I can’t explain why). And at the end of the day – painful, strained back and all – she climbed on top of me, and fucked me as if she hadn’t seen me in days.

Dee often complains because I constantly view life as something that “could be better,” and it’s true that I view life just that way. I think that, just as things could ALWAYS be worse, they can ALWAYS be better, too. I think Dee takes this point of view as an indication that I’m not 100% happy… with my life, with the world… with her. That’s not the case, though.

Yes, things could be better. We could have more money. We could have more free time. We could even have better sex. That is exactly why Dee bought her Hitachi (in pursuit new, different… and BETTER experiences). And why we bought handcuffs. And why we checked out a swingers club.

The fact is, we all think things could be better. I acknowledge this – that’s all my point of view means. And… how could I NOT be happy? I’m married to a woman who likes sex, and wants me (sexually) to the point she won’t just fuck me, but will initiate the fun on a day she can barely walk up the stairs.

And I don’t even think sex ranks in the top five reasons we’re together.

1 comment:

The Daree (or "Dee") said...

Hmmm...I think being able to have sex with you might be in MY top 5reasons for being together...