Friday, January 2, 2009

The New Year Begins

Since the clock struck midnight, and 2009 began, I have discovered the following facts to be true:

1. Facebook is crazy. I was on it for the first time, created my profile, and in less than a day I was “Friends” (in the online sense) with half a dozen people I haven’t seen or spoken with since high school… 20 years ago. And some college friends I’d lost touch with. And I can see that number rapidly growing in an exponential fashion.

2. Dee has admitted to experiencing a strong jab of ‘jealousy’ at the thought I might reestablish contact with an old flame (we’re talking about the girl I chased across the playground, tackled, and kissed when I was in third grade here). I can’t help gloating a little – I’ve repeatedly said that jealousy was there, and Dee has insisted I just don’t know her very well (*grin!*).

3. A New Year’s party where people can bring their kids is great in some respects, but in others the party... lacks a certain celebratory atmosphere.

4. There is nothing that quite compares to seeing Dee’s eyes go wide, then roll backwards as she says “Oh… SHIT!” because I’ve hit just the right angle, at just the right moment, with just the right amount of pressure…

No comments: