Thursday, January 8, 2009

Winter

I’ve been feeling rather uninspired lately… unmotivated, uncreative, and not particularly horny.

I think it’s a combination of the time of year, and the weather. It’s gray. It’s raining. It’s dark in the morning, and dark in the evening. Even the temperature is neutral… not hot, not cold. The holidays are over with, and there’s not much to look forward to (for me, at least) until spring arrives. The energy level is low and ennui has set in.

Maybe the winter blahs are some kind of evolutionary leftover, a residual instinct towards hibernation. I’m not unhappy, but I feel like the best play right now is to curl up at home and be restful for a few days.

I have had the occasional low-level urge now and then, but those impulses are very mild, and very short lived… a matter of seconds, a moment at most. These cursory desires seem to strike at inopportune times: I might be sitting at my desk at work, and for 30 seconds find myself thinking how I’d like to see Dee’s tits right at that moment, or how nice it would feel to slip into her pussy from behind, or pondering the possibility of a before-bed blowjob. But those thoughts rapidly fade to gray, and after a full day at my desk, after making my way home through the traffic and dark gray rain, with Dee bundled up in the passenger seat, eyes closed, after an evening of routine household activities… it’s hard to recapture even those mild desires later on, after the kid is tucked in bed.

It’s wintertime. Energy levels are low. And sometimes the best thing is just to cuddle up with Dee under the blankets, be warm, and harbor my energy for a long, fun evening I know will happen soon enough.

No comments: