Thursday, February 12, 2009

Random Thoughts

Since Dee has committed herself to posting once a week (on Wednesdays), I have plenty of time to contemplate and respond to her latest post, and I will do so in a series of posts over the next couple of days. But first, a few random things, most of which have nothing to do with anything…

1. Damn. On Tuesday, when doing the TMI thing for the first time, I also thought about getting Dee to pose and doing the HNT thing… but I totally forgot about my intentions yesterday, when I would have had to take the picture. So… no picture. Oh well.

2. I had a laugh over this past weekend while thinking of ideas for things do for entertainment purposes. I thought about charging the battery on our video camera… and then realized we don’t have the adapter to play the small tapes… and even if we did, the only VHS tape player in the house is in our daughter’s bedroom (yeah… no thanks!). I COULD plug the camera directly into the big screen and playback that way, but I seriously doubt it’d be worth the trouble… a $100 VHS video camera image on a 52” HD screen… that might just be disturbing to both of us. I could also plug it into the TV in our bedroom, too, but I’d have to pull it out of the armoire to get behind it, and thinking about putting in that kind of effort somehow sucks a lot of fun out of the idea. It’d be easier to just get a new camera.

3. In Dee’s post yesterday, she wrote: Never in my life have I seen a dorm room empty out so fast. Ok… I realize it wasn’t meant to be funny, but that’s just a really funny hilarious turn of phrase. Can’t help it. The image it concocts of fifty people going *whoosh* in every direction like a cartoon just makes me giggle.

No comments: