Tuesday, February 10, 2009

TMI Tuesday

Thought I would try this…

1. What do you think is the un-sexiest part of the body?

The feet. I have a utilitarian view of feet… they’re useful, practical things, but are in no way ANY kind of a turn on for me.

2. Toilet paper: over, under, or what the hell are you talking about?

Years ago, I actually cared, and when I did, it would always be over. Now, I don’t care one way or the other, so long as there’s actually TP accessible when I need it.

3. Have you ever called in sick to stay in bed with a sexual partner?

No. But I have planned ahead and taken days off specifically to spend with Dee, and those days often included sex.

4. Did your parents have a "birds & bees" talk with you? If so, at what age?

Yes. My dad, a former Christian school science teacher gave me the three-hour sit-down when I was… 13? 14? Despite the educational background, he was obviously (and ridiculously) uncomfortable with the topic, didn’t tell me much I didn’t already know, and imparted very little useful information. It was a basically a “this is how everything works (in a biological/anatomical sense), but you better wait until marriage” presentation.

5. What is one thing a someone could do to you to rock your world?

I really can’t say I know. I’ve had ok sex, and good sex, and sex that I would call great, but I can’t recall ever having had an eye-rolling, laughing, panting, “holy shit was that fun! We have GOT to do that again!” moment. Maybe I’ll just never feel that way, or maybe that’s still something I need to experience, or maybe the reality simply doesn’t live up to the hyped expectations I’ve unconsciously built up after years of watching Another World and Dallas as a kid.

Bonus (as in optional): What does sex mean to you?

A tough question, and one I could ponder for ages, I think. I also believe that my viewpoint is skewed depending on whether I’m answering for myself or speaking to a general concept. As a general concept, I view sex as a recreational activity, but for myself personally, at this point in my life, I’m not sure I can say that’s an honest answer. By this, I mean that, in concept, if I were single I don’t think I’d have any issue at all with having a friends-with-benefits arrangement, or fucking someone just for the fun of it, but being married, I find I frequently have a much more conservatively constrained point of view.

Maybe the Christian science teacher talk rubbed off a little more than I thought.

No comments: