Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Commitment to Post

A couple days ago I mentioned that I’d I read or heard a quote about marriage somewhere (I forget where) that basically said “REAL love is spending thirty years watching someone floss their teeth, treat their zits, and trim their toenails, and still wanting to be with them.”

Thanks to a series of unfortunate events at work, I haven’t been much in the mood for thinking about an original post today… I just haven’t had the time. But I am committed to posting, just for the sake of habit (and because it was one of my New Year’s resolutions!). So, I thought I would paraphrase and post a few other short statements I thought were neat… one of which I made up myself:

1.

There are two extremes in sexuality: the audacious and the timid. The difference is that, when the neighbor is tanning topless (or bottomless), the timid will avert their eyes, hurry out of the room, and tell no one what they saw. The audacious will take pictures.

2.

The difference between lust and love: Lust makes you want to fuck the girl at the bar when she’s dressed revealingly and giving you that special look. Love makes you want to take care of the girl when she’s curled up on the couch in her pajamas, throwing up into a wastebasket, miserably sick, and you do anything you can, knowing you’ll end up getting sick, too, and not caring you will.

3.

The difference between romance and love: Romance is taking a special moment to express how you feel. Love is not needing a special moment to express how you feel.

3 comments:

Angie said...

I think you should continue your threads examining the psychology of your sexuality. I've just been catching up on them, and I find that they are very open and honest and explore some issues that many people don't ever talk about, which is the whole point of a blog, I guess.

Joanna Cake said...

I liked these :)

Seeking Answers said...

#3 is my favorite. I just may have to copy and paste that onto my desktop.