Tuesday, March 3, 2009

TMI

1. Is there a sexual act/position/practice that you were sure in advance you would hate (or never try) and then discovered to your surprise you loved?

I would have to say “no.” But I must also qualify that by saying I haven’t really done all that much outside of the “usual” or “norm.” In addition, I think I have a pretty good handle on what I like and don’t like, so I tend to be resistant to trying anything I don’t think I’ll enjoy. And if I do try something, that resistance almost always results in a cycle of self-fulfilling prophesies. Dee really hates me for this.

2. Is there a sexual act/position/practice that proved a lot less interesting in practice than you thought it would be beforehand?

I would have to say that visiting the swingers club was surprisingly less interesting than I thought it would be. I think it was a combination of being surrounded by people I didn’t know (I’m not terribly social with friends, let alone others) and, from my perception, the lack of even the barest hints of eroticism. In my head I thought it would be erotic, seductive, arousing… I thought it would feel highly sexual, but for me it was very much the opposite.

3. How do you let your significant other know you're in the mood? How do you let a new person in your life know?

Unless I’m buzzed, I typically don’t.

4. How does your significant other let you know he/she is in the mood?

According to her, anytime she touches me, she’s in the mood. By that definition, she’s in the mood about 80% of the time. Often, this is not the most practical of arrangements, as I’m highly ticklish, and being tickled is a turn off for me, so you can imagine the incompatibility issues that sometimes arise.

5. Is there one that got away - a sexual opportunity you didn't realize was one at the time, or weren't ready for and regret missing ever since?

There are a lot of opportunities I regret missing out on. From the time I was fifteen or so, right on through college and into my early 20’s, I could seriously flirt/seduce my way into having “a chance” at just about any girl I wanted… but I almost never actually closed the deal. When I look back at my younger days and realize how many girls I could have at least fooled around with, it’s a little depressing. I’m not saying I would want to have sex with them all, but the naiveté I see permeating my youth is sometimes embarrassing. My history is full of examples of this complete lack of… even mild sexual conclusions.

Once when I was sixteen, I had a girl in the back of my car, naked, under me. I was naked, too, and literally pressed up against the entry point. She whispered in my ear “I want you inside me” and I sat back and said “It’s getting late… I should get you home.” …and I took her home.

I demonstrated this – “restraint?” – on numerous occasions in my life, both in high school and college. I’ve never been able to “take that last step” or “close the deal” or whatever you want to call it. If I hadn’t met a couple of girls (most notably Dee) who were willing to do all the heavy lifting, I would never have lost my virginity at all.

1 comment:

The Daree (or "Dee") said...

You're welcome!

I'm very glad I seduced you!