Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Rundown

Feeling run down (physically) is bad enough. There’s nothing quite like hearing that tickle in the back of your head that says, you know, I kinda want to have sex right now… then having the thought consults your energy level and finish itself with, um… yeah… no.

What I hate the most, however, is the way being over-busy runs me down (mentally). I hate it when I want to think creatively, and can’t. I haven’t come up with a single idea for an HNT picture, so we’re just holding back last week’s (which we failed to post even belatedly because of the distractions), and will hopefully get it posted tonight. I’ve found it impossible to generate anything interesting to post on my other blog. And as for this one… I’m not sure rambling on, post-after-post, about how life has suddenly thumped me is all that interesting.

I feel like I’ve barely seen the kiddo in the past couple weeks (though worn out, I am home in the evenings, but the ladies are not). I feel an intensified need – as I alluded to in my last post – to plan an adult weekend with Dee and get the hell out of here (and then I feel all guilty about the fact that this would mean shoveling the kiddo off for yet even more time on her own). I feel like we should do something nice for the girl, even something as simple at taking her out to dinner, but I’m hesitant to add yet another item to her calendar (plus, we’re all on diets here, and dieting and dinners out are just not compatible).

And, of course, my adherence to the rules has been abysmal. At six o’clock last night, I was convinced I was going to get some before bed… but by the time the girls returned home, and the kid was safely tucked in bed, I knew I wouldn’t have the energy for it.

In the words of Charlie Brown: Good grief.

The good news, I guess, is that the family hasn’t packed up and left yet, and there’s a light at the end of the tunnel. At the rate I’m digging out from under here at work, things will be back to normal sometime mid-next-week, or thereabouts… just in time to see Dee off on her trip to Vegas (not THAT kind of trip).

And so I find myself looking forward to Dee’s departure, because – hopefully – my work will be back to the norm, and I’ll have the house to myself for a day or two (after trying to accomplish way too much the first day or two, I give up on that and find the remaining “alone time” is quite restorative).

But then I feel guilty for thinking such a thought, because I haven’t seen all that much of Dee, either.

1 comment:

Another Suburban Mom said...

Maybe some morning nookie when you are awake and refreshed. Morning nookie is a great boon during cold and flu season.

I hope you feel better soon.