Monday, September 8, 2008

This is Ridiculous!

I guess I think too much. I've been working on this blog post for the better part of a week. But I keep getting interrupted. I guess instead of going for quality, I should just go for something!

The best part about the last year or so has been the almost daily revelations of things I didn't know about DH. Given the fact we we've been married nearly 11 years, and dating for just about what, 10 years before that (not including our "break"), you'd think you know a person. But opening this very frank and honest line of communication has really been eye opening in so many ways!

And not just the revelations about DH (though I can still remember reading and rereading various answers he gave that I couldn't quite believe). But the revelations that I have made about myself have been amazing as well. Just the process of thinking of my likes and dislikes, fantasies, wants and desires was a new experience.

I am so happy I want to shout it from the rooftops. Last week, beautiful red roses were delivered to my office, which prompted the never ending stream of "is it your anniversary" questions. I wanted so badly to answer truthfully...DH really enjoyed the pictures he took of me in my lingerie. But only a very few heard the real answer.

I feel our marriage is one of the strongest I know, and I feel like I could give so many good advice on being happy. But in today's society I don't feel I can pass on my knowledge, let alone my secrets, to anyone but my closest friends...and not even them most of the time...or I will be judged.

Though it's funny. Some of my inner circle know what's going on and just roll their eyes. We were camping a few weeks ago and a bunch of us were sitting around the fire and I sat on DH's lap and leaned in to give him a kiss. I looked up because the conversation abruptly stopped and I found one of my best friends glaring at me the way she does to people who have offended her. She told us to knock it off and get a room. I couldn't believe it! Most of my friends have sex with their husbands because they "have" to. Those poor poor husbands.

Anyway, I will just rejoice in what I have and continue to find new ways of making DH happy. Or at least horny.

Now the question is...should I wait until Thursday to click publish just so I can collect that good smack on the ass?

No comments: