Saturday, September 20, 2008

A Weekend Alone

The Daree has taken off for the weekend, leaving me alone to ponder her latest revelation: she’s seriously considering the possibility of finding a friend …with benefits.

Being a man, I have no problem with Dee having a girlfriend of her own – or more than one, for that matter! – and, my only question would be… do I get to play, too? Of course, my immediate assumption is that she’s talking about a female friend, and so my thoughts went straight in the direction of threesomes and the fun I could have watching Dee fuck a girlfriend. It only occurred to me later that she hadn’t specified her gender choice, and she might have been talking about a male friend. Still, under the right circumstances, I can get into that, as well – watching Dee suck a nice thick cock, or doubling up on her in a threesome (since we’ve never had a threesome of any stripe, I can only base these statements on what I imagine is true… for all I know, the reality may be far less erotic than the fantasy).

I do have some desire to be the only man in Dee’s life. It isn’t an overriding necessity, but it is a preference. When we talk about topics like open marriages and swinging, the thought of Dee finding another man (or interacting with another man) doesn’t bother me, but I often feel a little twinge of… I’m not sure what it is. It isn’t worry or concern, as I really am supremely secure in the fact she loves me. It isn’t some kind of insecurity over looks, or size, or performance, as I’m also secure in her attraction to me (in spite of the fact I’m more spudly than studly), and perfectly comfortable with what I got and what I can do with it. It’s definitely not anger or a sense of selfish possessiveness.

Once in a while I feel it quite strongly, and many times I don’t feel it at all. Most of the time it’s just a twinge. My theory is that it’s a small animalistic remnant buried in all male brains, left over from our caveman-Neanderthal days, an instinctive, Darwinian leftover that subliminally insists that, being male, we must fuck as many females as we can, and that what we got should be all any of those females ever need.

In any event, this twinge isn’t something I worry about, and I’m willing to wait (with some real anticipation) while Dee ponders this avenue of sexual exploration. In the meantime, I’m enjoying myself. Since the turmoil of Friday night’s argument, Dee has made up for the lost evening, providing a number of exquisite blowjobs, and I’ve rewarded her with a good, hard fucking every night this week.

No comments: