Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Going Home

We got into the brighly lit locker room where I pulled on jeans, and a tank top and shoved my feet into the Crocs I had brought. I practically ran downstairs and into the lobby to get our last bottle of wine. DH hollared that he was getting our cell phones. The girls behind the counter were the girls we had eaten dinner with and they were alarmed to see us leaving so early. I told them everything was fine and we were just done and that I hoped to meet them again sometime. We flew out to the car and DH drove me home.

Typically, when one or the other of us is angry, the other will fume and it may last for days. I have been trying harder, as I get older, to let things go. I started thinking of what I had hoped this evening would turn out like. I heard the owner's words ringing in my ears that if you have an agenda, it probably wouldn't happen. I replayed the dancing with DH and how enjoyable it was. DH asked me if I had an agenda for the evening and I answered yes. He asked if it happened and I answered no. And I felt my anger drain away. I had a couple of agendas going into the evening. I really hoped to have an experience with a woman. I basically had a sure thing. My friend was willing, we were there, it was all set. But it didn't happen. I really hoped to have a threesome with my husband and another girl. Out of all the places, this is where it could happen. But it didn't happen. But ultimately, I wanted DH to enjoy himself. I wanted him to feel comfortable. I wanted to feel comfortable myself. And he did. And I did. We got home and kissed and made love. And I was again reminded of how very lucky I am that I have such a supportive, loving and sexy man. I felt a deeper connection with him that night. And that was the agenda.

1 comment:

Riff Dog said...

After reading about your entire evening, I have to tell you how hot this was to read!

I have to agree that having an "agenda" is probably a bad idea. But it sounds to me like a pretty successful night!