Monday, November 17, 2008

Modern Technology

It’s been a while since our last posts, but that’s mostly because there’s nothing new to report, really. We had a couple parties over the weekend, but one was a birthday for a 9-year-old girl (ours), and one was for a 40-year-old girl (not ours). The former was fun, but overly loud. The latter was fun, overly loud, and adults only, but wasn't exaclty sexual. I caressed Dee’s tits once (over the shirt, even!), and five liquored up women and two drunk guys all gasped and got offended, which tells you the kind of crowd we were dealing with there.

I’m thinking about getting more into this whole technology thing. I’m familiar with computers, of course, and can handle the simple things with ease, but I have never really embraced technology, and I rarely use it unless I have to (when I’m at work, for example). Posting to this blog is about the height of my technology interfacing.

Personally, I don’t get how Dee does it. After a day at work staring at a computer screen, the last thing I want to do when I get home is pull out my computer and go electronic some more. Just the thought of it makes my eyes burn. But that’s exactly what Dee does most days. After a day at work reading pages of material, trying to learn enough about not just the two sides of a specific argument or dispute, and immersing myself in the underlying information required to evaluate those arguments, the last thing I want to do is go home and spend more time researching and learning more. But that’s exactly what Dee does!

Dee is always online seeking out better ways to give me head, or new positions to try, or better ways to use a vibrator (not to mention all the blogs she keeps up on!), and she’s always bugging me to do the same… for my benefit as well as hers. And the thing is, I’m not against the idea in any way. I’d love to. But even though the subject of sex would certainly keep my attention, what I just typed remains true: After devoting an entire day to not just understanding why Party A thinks it’s Party B’s fault a 3000 square foot atrium skylight is leaking (and why Party B says it’s Party A’s fault), but learning how skylights are designed and built and how the concept of controlled leakage and proper water flow and control is critical to that design… my brain is fried. I have no motivation or desire to go home and spend another hour or two focusing on anything at all – even the topic of sex. And I absolutely CAN’T do that kind of thing at work!

Still, I have decided that in the coming months I will make an effort to get up to speed on the use of modern technology. Maybe by embracing it, and trying to get myself into that particular game, I’ll gain a better understanding of what Dee sees in it, what she gets from it, and a obtain a better understanding of where she’s coming from in some of the things she says and does.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm...

you're making me think *I* should research better ways to giv emy husband head...

Dee is a very good wife indeed.

Anonymous said...

lol you have a very thoughtfull wife