Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Preparations

A while ago now, I discovered that some people had started blogs to chronicle the trials, tribulations, and sex in their marriages. A lot of people! I started reading about these exploits and one page lead to another and eventually I learned about a place near us where "like-minded" people gather to get acquainted. Also known as a swingers club. I mentioned it to DH, and explored the website, and he was not overly enthusiastic about hearing about it. I mentioned it to a single friend whom I know to be a more a little more adventurous than most. She knew about the place. She hadn't been there herself, but she mentioned that a mutual friend of ours went there. Based on DH's interest level, I put it at the back of my mind as something to think about someday.

Fast forward a year. We had had some amazing sex this year, broke some boundaries, had some wonderful communication, and I am ready to take it to another level. I had lunch with Jane who is now selling lingerie and she asked me to help her set up a website. I declined but she knows I am also a bit more adventurous than most, so she mentions the Club, which apparently she has been frequenting every weekend. We have a few long conversations about how fun it is and what I can expect. We've talked about what my goals are (incorporating another woman), my insecurities and fear of rejections, and expectations about our relationship (will she be offended if I want to go upstairs with her). She assures me that this will be a fun experience, I don't have to worry about being rejected, and that she is open to anything that I am. After we are both comfortable, I arrange for her to host us for date night. I still can't believe I am planning to take my husband to a sex club! Yeah me! I spend a week in anticipation...not just of going to the Club, but getting dressed up and going out with DH for some adult entertainment.

DH and I, of course, have several long discussions about our expectations of where the night will lead, and we decide we will be satisfied with an evening out, having dinner, and learning more about a lifestyle choice that is out there. But we won't rule anything out either. That said, I spend the morning taking extra special care in my personal hygiene routine, packing some "upstairs" clothes, and other possible accoutrements. When it's time to go, I slip into my favorite red dress (with no panties), my new red shoes, throw a couple of bottles of wine into our bag, and we're off!

No comments: