Friday, April 3, 2009

Friday Bits

1. These days, it seems that my peak level of horny for the day arrives in the small slice of time between the moment my first cup of coffee really kicks in and the moment when the first work-related frustration hits. That puts it somewhere between 8 and 9:30 am – not exactly a practical and useful moment for this to happen. I think this is the point when my energy level is at its peak, too.

2. On the other hand, I did wake up in the middle of the night last night horny as hell (I don’t know what woke me up, and I don’t remember any dreams, but I suspect I must have been dreaming about SOMETHING…). I seriously considered waking Dee up – the fact that she had kicked the blankets down, and was thus exposed and looking particularly yummy factored into this – but didn’t have the heart to do so. She was sleeping soundly, and I didn’t think it would be fair to rouse her for what would have almost certainly been less than five minutes of self-indulgence. It took me a while to get back to sleep, though.

3. I was feeling particularly creative at work yesterday, so I spent part of the day blowing off my non-critical obligations and played around with a few ideas. I now have a small collection of topics (questions and whatnot) I can pummel Dee with similar to those questions she responded to earlier this week.

4. I’m feeling the Friday joy, but for the past two weeks there’s been a sense of annoyance wrapped up into that feeling. Each of the past two Wednesdays and Thursdays I’ve woken up feeling like it was Friday, so I’ve been feeling the joy – at least initially – on six of the last ten workdays. Since I’ve been disappointed four times out of six, I now have an underlying sense of “oh, great, here we go again,” even though I KNOW that this time it really IS Friday. This is an example of one of those little, meaningless things that has added to my stress level. Waking up every day thinking “Oh, thank God it’s Frid… oh, CRAP!” isn’t exactly getting off to a good start. :)

5. Looking forward to the weekend, though. For no particular reason at all.

No comments: