Monday, April 6, 2009

Paybacks...

So last weekend, DH indulged me and spent the evening with my friends and their husbands. Not exactly torture, but for him, pretty close. But it didn't stop there. My girlfriend had the brilliant idea to have a fondue party, she would provide the fondue, and everyone would bring things to dip. Great idea. Did not translate well in reality. So DH's cooking skills came to the rescue. But every time he had to rescue her, he looked at me and said you owe me for this. For a grand total of 4 times.

So, my tongue-in-cheek first offer for payback consisted of me buying him dinner the other night. At Subway. Before the school play. He declined. And was offended and insulted at my attempt to lowball him. My second offer was 10 minutes of making out in the car after work. He also declined, stating that this particular activity would be more for me than him. This insulted and offended me, but whateve.r So I told him he'd better tell me what he thought a good payback might be.

He gave me several options, from one big obligation to payback all the favors, to halfies and even quarters (one for one as it were).

I opted for the one big obligation.

So for the next 10 days, I have to find an opportunity to offer the specific gratification of my choice, whatever creative idea strikes my fancy. Only half can be at bedtime, so the other half has to be during waking hours. He can choose to accept or reject the offer, which must be followed through at the time of offer (no fair offering something up for later in the evening as a way around the half-time bedtime rule). He will be under no obligation to satisfy me, however, so I'd better make these offers good! If I miss a day, I have to either start over or re-negotiate another payment option.

This should be interesting.

No comments: