Monday, April 20, 2009

A new week...

1. I gave Dee her “assignment” on Friday… six groups of related questions (TMI style) to post her responses (answers) to all of them within two weeks. I’m already looking forward to reading them!

2. Anyone reading some of my previous posts would think I’m unhappy with who I am, or with life in general, and that’s not the case at all. To use a common analogy: some people think their glass is half full, others half empty. I personally think my glass is three quarters full… but that whoever washed it did a questionable job. In other words: I think I’m very lucky, and I recognize that, in a world full of thirsty people, my complaints are minor, but I think they are legitimate (of course, maybe I’m biased!).

3. I am now officially down to two requested lists left. I’ll have to start coming up with some new ideas of my own this week!

4. Dee informed me this weekend that she is making it her mission to elicit a more obvious happiness in my demeanor. This is, I think, in response to my characteristically muted post-game enthusiasm after rather enjoyable sexual interactions. Admittedly, I am, by nature, not easily impressed or outwardly expressive – in my vocabulary, “a rather enjoyable sexual interaction” is high praise, and great happiness is typically conveyed with a small (but genuine) smile. Now, I can’t honestly say I have any idea what Dee could do that would cause whatever reactions she is hoping for (or even what reactions she is hoping for!)… but, in truth, I’m a little concerned as to what extent she might go to in attempting to elicit them. She can be frighteningly focused sometimes, and occasionally goes overboard in pursuit of what she wants.

No comments: