Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Starting Over

I think I will use this opportunity to respond to some of the last few posts that DH made.

I am proud of myself that I have responded to DH's request for lists for his "other" blog (his mistress blog, I guess!) I always say I'm not very creative, and that is true. And it is also true that I need to be in a certain place, mentally, in order to be creative. Good ideas don't just flow in. I have to noodle something for a good long time, and then I have to have dedicated time in which to THINK. And that means no multitasking. Just setting aside time to do one thing at a time. It's true! The other night, after we had sex, and after I had noodled for a few days, I was laying there thinking and ideas were coming to me. I had to get out a pad of paper and a pen and annoy DH by flipping the light on and off. But I did it.

Perhaps we should go to bed an hour early every night, so that we have time for sex and then I can have time for thinking. It's not a bad idea, though I know it won't happen. In any case, I have enjoyed reading the lists.

Taking HNT photos is the same way, I guess. Only worse. Because we have things working against us. Like lighting. And gravity. But I have a very sweet DH who deletes the really bad ones before I can see them.

I royally screwed up yesterday.

Day 8 out of 10 and I forgot to make an offer. So now I have to start over or re-negotiate. Re-negotiating with DH usually means either trying to think something good up or letting him give me an even more complicated assignment. I think I will start over. But this time with a plan. I do much better with a plan. And reminders. Which is why I have had to go back and change some of my entries on my calendar so that when I print the months off for a planning session, my friends don't know that I have to submit a sexual suggestion on the first of the month, or give DH a blowjob on Wednesday, the 29th.

Having the house to ourselves is fun, but again, I'm not very creative. Though I have to say that having the house to ourselves, enjoying some wine, a cigarette, and DH licking my pussy on the couch may not be very creative, it was certainly enjoyable. Which brings me to his Middle-Aged Suburbia post.

I really like the word "lick." Just sayin.

So sad. I don't know what he thinks we should be doing, but we weren't exactly swinging from the chandeliers when we were young. And when we do try something WAY out there, we usually get in a fight about it. But I'd even be willing to risk it. The problem is: we need a plan. When we try to wing it and think something exciting is going to happen, it doesn't. But if we make a plan to do something exciting, sometimes it does. Though I do tend to mess up DH's plans. He had planned for us to go to a strip club, but I invited a stray dog to stay the weekend, and messed up DH's plans. But I know we will try again.

And his post also reminds me to tell him that he needs to live life for TODAY. Not tomorrow. Not when the kid moves out. Not when the bills are paid. Not for retirement. But NOW!

It is true we are not getting any younger and who knows if we will enjoy each other as we grow older. So we need to take advantage of our relative youth.

Why is why I am choosing to start over and make an offer for 10 more days!!

No comments: