Friday, October 24, 2008

It's Friday Afternoon

Our posts have diverged somewhat here… Dee has now told a three-part story that ended in a spark-less kiss, and I’ve given a book report on a couple lame TV shows. What an exciting couple we’ve been lately, eh?

I was thinking about creating a collection of pictures off the Internet – positions, women, costumes, whatever – to give to Dee as “things that turn me on,” but I’m not really an online person. After hours of staring at my work computer, I lack the ambition to do it at home (which makes no sense, since I do watch TV in the evening), and i can't exactly do that kind of thing on the clock…

[Another irony – Dee can spend hours on her computer at home, and yet gives me a bit of grief over wasting an evening watching TV. Other than the size of the screen...]

…Plus, I’m still very uncomfortable with the idea of talking to Dee about other women. When she points out a hot body, I don’t feel free to agree. Before leaving this past weekend, she teasingly asked who I’d invite over. I avoided jest (“the high school cheerleading squad, of course…”), and spoke only the sober truth (“nobody”) while worrying what might happen if she thought I was lying.

I feel this way not just because Dee is naturally jealous, but because, even as she’s begun exploring new experiences, she refers to any potential interaction I might have with anyone else as “an issue” which she’ll “have to deal with.” This tells me that I should still avoid paying attention to the physical qualities of others… and NEVER comment on them! I’ve been on the receiving end of her jealousy before, and it isn’t particularly fun. And this is also a concern which we are currently discussing both in person, and through email…

[I don’t think this is odd, but perhaps a little sad… I think both of us – and a lot of other couples as well – are sometimes better able to communicate via email. For myself, I find it’s sometimes easier to write, rewrite, rephrase, reword… and sometimes just DELETE, while pondering what I really want to say over time, rather than fumbling to find the right words, words that aren’t there, in the midst of a conversation!]

… And I myself am noodling over some thoughts I haven’t yet shared with Dee (though my withholding these thoughts is not to Dee’s liking). Hopefully she trusts me when I say it’s best that I noodle on my own, and not share my ponderings with her… at least, not yet.

No comments: