Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Kiss

She parks, turns to me and tells me that kissing a woman is definitely different than kissing a man. And she wants to show me. To give me something to think about. And I will know...am I attracted to women or not. I agree and prepare myself for her kiss (which means a fair bit of giggling). I am not a touchy person. In fact, I hate it. For anyone besides my husband and daughter that is.

She slides my glasses of my face. Already I hate that. I don't see very well at all and if you take my glasses, you are putting me in a very vulnerable spot. But I see her point, so I just sit still. She leans in very close and I can smell her salad, her lunch, on her breath. I'm still ok though. She starts rubbing her nose on my cheeks and around my nose. I don't like this, but I realize later that the stripper in Las Vegas did the same thing when she was kissing me. And when I am feeling affectionate, I try to do the same thing to DH, who hates it. But I sit still, wondering what she will do next. Her lips touch mine, softly, slowly. She pulls first at my upper lip and then my lower lip. I am distracted by the sound of suction and of her breathing. I realize this isn't going to get me anywhere.

I break off the kiss and put my glasses on. I thank her and she can tell that I'm not as turned on as she is. In answer to her quizzical expression, I offer that it's not her, that it's strange to be kissing someone other than DH for the first time in 10 years. During the short drive to my building, she suggests that perhaps I have not been given explicit permission from DH and that is what is holding me back. I tell her I will think about all these things, and will let her know if I would like to pursue anything. I don't know how to end the awkward meeting, so I tell her not to put all her eggs in my basket. She said she's still interested in having me, and DH, over for dinner and I tell her I would let her know. She tells me to email my thoughts to her.

I return to my office, my mind going a million miles a minute.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Good stuff - it's nice to read about the misses sometimes. It gives one an appreciation for the times when the chemistry is right.